Your application alerts
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) is the busiest time of year in the senior market, so we offer alerts to help you stay in the know about your applications. You can turn on email alerts under Alert Settings and choose which alerts you want to receive. Some of the alerts available are:
- Applications that have been received
- Applications that are not in good order
- Notification of policies issued
Do you want to update the email address you have on file with us? Has your phone number or address changed? It's quick and easy to update your profile. This helps us get in touch with you quicker if we need to follow up with you on your applications.
Do you know your application type?
With so many consumers making decisions about their healthcare needs this time of year, it's easy to make some incorrect assumptions, which can result in delays or even a lost sale. When taking a Medicare Supplement application, be sure to pay attention to the type of application. AEP does not mean the application is automatically Open Enrollment (OE) or Guaranteed Issue (GI).
- Open enrollment applies only to persons who are first enrolling in Medicare Part B or turning age 65.
- Guaranteed issue applies only to Medicare beneficiaries who are losing (or disenrolling) their current health care coverage under a specific qualifying GI event and these applications must include documentation of the qualifying GI event and proof of existing creditable coverage. (GI provisions vary by state; if in doubt, call underwriting before taking a GI application. And, don’t forget to attach the proof of creditable coverage to the application.)
- Underwritten applies to all other applications, where the applicant must answer all of the health questions.
If you have any questions, just contact the Agent Services team at 866-272-6630.
Aetna Senior Supplemental Insurance includes products underwritten by: Aetna Health and Life Insurance Company (AHLIC), Aetna Health Insurance Company (AHIC), American Continental Insurance Company (ACI), Continental Life Insurance Company of Brentwood, Tennessee (CLI).
For agent use only. Not for public use or distribution.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
You are receiving this because you have chosen to receive communications from Aetna Senior Supplemental Insurance. If you no longer wish to receive any emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time. By unsubscribing, you will not receive any future emails from Aetna Senior Supplemental Insurance.
©2019 Aetna Inc.